Thursday, March 31, 2011

Aidan's 1st Grade Class Frog and Toad Play

Aidan's class has been reading the Frog & Toad books by Arnold Lobel.  These cute books are reminicent to me of the Thorton Burgess series (but for younger kids) that I read when I was a kid.  He's really into the books and I thought it was great that his teachers decided to take a few of the stories and have the kids create a set and then act out each story.

Aidan was even more excited about the play because his Aunt Becky and Uncle Ray are in town which means they got to see his performance in person. 


The set that the kids made

Aidan was in the first group to perform and he got a good laugh during part of it.  A great way to start!!  His story was based on Frog and Toad's "The Story" where Toad, played by Aidan, tries to think of a way to cheer up his sick friend Frog, played by Aidan's friend Isa.  Ariel is the narrator for this group.

 
Unfortunately, my battery light started blinking around halfway thru Aidan's story so while I thankfully got all of his story, I didn't get the other ones.  And for some reason, occassionally the tracking seems off - I've reloaded the video a few times but still seems to happen occassionally.  Sorry!


The kids taking their bow at the end of the play

Another shot of them taking a bow

This is the cloud that Aidan said he painted in the set


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment