Friday, June 17, 2011

Liam's End of Year Party

Aidan had his end of year party last week and this week it was time for Liam's.  The class surprised all the parents by being lined up in a row when we walked in with freshly made mortar boards on their heads and the tee shirts they had made on with their first initial in the front.  They looked soooo cute!

All lined up and ready to sing!

They immediately started off singing a few songs for all the parents. The first of which was We're Going on a Bear Hunt. I found this especially amusing because we read that book all the time and it's one of my favorites and yet not one time when we have read it has he told me that they sing it like a song at school instead of reading it. 
Class singing 3 songs

Aren't they cute? And yes, that is Liam constantly saying "Hi Mommy" and telling everyone that they should not eat mud!

After they finished their songs, the teachers gave awards to each of the kids.  I thought this was so wonderful as to how they made each child feel special in their own way and Liam's compliment was right on - he is always smiling and happy (when he's not throwing a tantrum).

Awards

And the final thing they did before everyone was ready to eat was to throw their mortar boards in the air.  Yes, I realize Liam was picking his nose in the video... ah to be 4 with not a care in the world, right??

Throwing the mortar boards
You would think no one has ever fed these children with how fast they ran for the snack tables and inhaled all the food.  But I think it's safe to say everyone had a great time!

Liam and his friend Arjun

During the party I also found out that Liam speaks Spanish pretty fluently!!  You can imagine my surprise since his vocabulary with me comprises of colors, no toca (don't touch), ayudame (help me), hola, gracias and his and Aidan's favorite, culete (probably spelling it wrong but it means butt).  Apparently he speaks with all his local Spanish friends in Spanish... who knew!!  What a great way to end the school year though, let's just hope he retains some of it after a summer of travel!

The proud nursery school graduate on the way home from the bus stop

The last day of school is Friday, June 17th and then the kids and I take off for the States on Saturday morning for our vacation.  We're getting very excited not just about the last day of school but about going home!!  I promise to do my best on updating the blog while we are away with lots of pictures and insight from how everyone is reacting to being home again.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment