Thursday, September 1, 2011

10 Years

Today not only do I get to rejoice about the kids going back to school but I also get to celebrate 10 years of wedded bliss.  Ok, not every moment has been bliss but I'd say the good majority of them have been in addition to the 7 years we were together before our big day.  Ten years ago I married my best friend and haven't looked back since.  It was a magical day and with the exception of my hair stylist not showing up from Boston, went off without a hitch. 

In those 10 years we've had plenty of ups and downs but I'd rather focus on the ups.  Before we were married we'd already graduated from college together, bought a condo, bought a house and adopted a dog (our first child Jake who's still thankfully with us today).  In the years since our wedding we welcomed first Sailor (who we sadly lost last year) to our family, then Aidan in 2004 and Liam in 2007. 

Josh has been my rock, especially in the last 2 years during our transition to and time in Spain.  He balances my craziness and makes me a better person.  Without him, not only would I be lost, I'd be pretty bored too as he keeps me well entertained on a daily basis.  He's a wonderful dad and the kids will be so lucky if they turn out even remotely like him.  And he's one of the hardest workers I know - sure this is great for his job too, but he applies that same effort to our marriage and works hard at making it work. 

As I write this entry I'm struggling for words (a first I know) to describe just how lucky I am to be married to such a wonderful man.  But I hope he knows just how much I love him and that I look forward to many more years to come!  

Our first "children" Jake and Sailor

Josh with Sailor as a puppy 
Our wedding day!  We look soooo much younger... what happened???  I think it was the kids!

Our wedding party 

May 10, 2004 - Aidan is born!

Aidan is one!

Aidan turns 2! 

Another big day in the last 10 years - bought our vacation house on the cape

May 2, 2007 - Liam is born!

One week later Aidan turns 3

May 2, 2008 - Liam turns 1

May 10, 2008 at Disney World, Aidan turns 4

May 2, 2009 - Liam turns 2

May 10, 2009 - Aidan turns 5

September 2009 - Waterfire in Providence, RI

Big moment in our lives, getting ready to move to Barcelona!  November 2009 we are looking for a place to live!

And we arrive in Barcelona in January 2010

May 2, 2010 - Liam turns 3 in Barcelona

May 10, 2010 - Aidan turns 6 in Barcelona

July 2010 - we go to Paris...without the kids

July 2010 - L'Estartit, Spain

Oct 2010 - Arles, France

May 2, 2011 - Liam turns 4

May 10, 2011 - Aidan turns 7

May 2011 - Collioure, France... we had friends in town which is why there is actually a picture of us!

May 2011 - Murano (Venice) Italy

Venice, Italy

August 2011 - Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

August 2011 - Torc Falls, Killarney Ireland

As I was going thru pics of the last 10 years for this post I realized a few things.  One - my pictures prior to 2004 (with the exception of 2 wedding pics on my computer) are all non digital format and therefore at home in Attleboro so this is not a fair representation of the full 10 years.  Two - I'm usually the picture taker and so there are very few pictures of Josh and I so I put in a bunch of the kids too since they are a big part of the last 10 years!  Apparently I need to say excuse me to more people when we go places to get some more family shots or shots of Josh and I together... sad I say!

To celebrate we are doing nothing today.... but just today.  We're going out with some newlywed friends tomorrow who are here on their honeymoon - what better way to celebrate marriage than with newlyweds right?  And then dinner just the two of us on Saturday.  Josh surprised me with a trip to Formentera at the end of this month which is funny since I surprised him with a trip to Andorra in 2 weeks... I guess great minds not only think alike but stay married :)

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment