Monday, March 24, 2014

Feliz Cumpleaños Josh!!

Well, it's a few days belated but Happy Birthday to Josh!  I did a poor job with pictures (as in, none) but my hope is that is because were off having fun!

Josh didn't get home until late on the evening of his birthday but not to worry, we were ready for him on Friday morning with gifts and a cake for Friday night.  The benefit of him working from home on Fridays is that often we get to go out to lunch together which is exactly what we did.  That was after we exchanged just about everything I bought him which was the wrong size.  Yes, after 20 years, apparently I still can't buy the correct size!

Friday night Aidan had a soccer game, then we came home, had dinner and birthday cake!  The kids really wanted me to make him the Tardis or the Millennium Falcon.  I blame this sudden creativity on our cousin Fiona who the kids know loves to make creative cakes and as they were just with her this past weekend, it was fresh in their minds.  And hey, why can't mommy do that too?  Um, have you guys met me??  Suffice it to say, I went out of my "comfort" zone and made a double layer cake with both chocolate and yellow cakes with a layer of frosting in the middle as well.  Circular in shape, nothing fancy.  I shouldn't even need to say this but will, those that know me will already know that I did not make these cakes from scratch but from a mix.  But it was delicious and I'm having a piece as I write this entry :)

Anyways, back to the birthday boy!  Saturday night I arranged for us to go out with some friends for dinner.  It's been a long time since Josh and I went out much less the 6 of us got together - I think it's actually been about 6 months, right before baby Jordi arrived for Chris and Stephanie.  Sadly, it's the last time the group will be together as 2 are leaving Barcelona this coming weekend and the other 2 at the end of next month. And so it was all the more reason to be out celebrating - birthdays, bon voyage and friends forever.  And what better way to celebrate than with a delicious dinner at Da Greco, one of our favorite restaurants.

All in all, I hope Josh's birthday was a good one.  I've got to start gearing up for the next one - only one more year til the big 4-0!!!

Besos,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment