Friday, August 7, 2009

Challenges to come...

As I head out for my monthly massage (everyone should indulge in a little "me" time), I can't help but think of all the challenges ahead of us. We've lived in this house for almost 9 years now and our support system is here as well as our network of doctors, dentists, financial people, landscapers, hair stylist, etc etc (this is above and beyond the obvious friends and family whom I'm sad to leave too).

So now that we embark on our journey, we'll need to find all new "people" - something that under normal circumstances might not be too hard, say moving to a new town or even a new state. At least everyone speaks the same language. My guess is it will work similarly over there where we'll connect with parents of kids at Aidan & Liam's school and ask them for references for those people. But yet it still seems kind of intimidating - something about being across the ocean makes it scarier for some reason. But beyond the doctors, dentists, vets, and more, I can't help but wonder, will I find a good spa and will the masseuse be as good as Kelly? One can only guess I suppose and I should probably prioritize this lower on the totem pole than it is currently appearing.

Josh just got home so I'm off for my massage - more later!!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment