Monday, August 31, 2009

Spanish lessons begin...

I took Aidan today on a Mommy & Me day to celebrate the end of summer. After going to the Lego store we made a stop at the Rosetta Stone kiosk. Learning Spanish/Catalan has been on my long list of to do's since we know we were going to Spain. I figure now that the kids start school this week, I have absolutely no excuse but to get my ass in gear and learn! So I bought my very expensive tutoring software.

Just took some time to install it - pretty easy stuff. Then the lessons began. I actually really like the software so far and think this whole immersion thing will be good. But the pronunciation thing is what is going to kill me! The "rr" sound is so hard for me! I got 110 right the first time with only 8 wrong the 8 wrong were ones I no joke, tried at least 50 times. Don't ever ask me to say "un hombre" EVER!! I know it's a man, no doubt about that... definitely know the meaning now because I said it a gazillion times! I made it thru lesson 1... only a lot more to go. The woman at the desk said I'd be fluent in 6 months - I told her I have less than 4 to learn so she told me I should get to it! Looks like in addition to work at night, I know what I'll be doing! Josh said he's going to give it a try tomorrow - can't wait to hear how it goes!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment