Monday, July 2, 2012

Cousins

Aidan is dying for cousins.  His friends all have them and he wants them too.  I remember being the same way on my mom's side of the family since it was just me and Jay growing up.  But on my dad's side I had a lot of cousins.  And up til I was in high school (I was the oldest of the group) I spent a lot of time with them.  Then there was about 10 years where I didn't really talk to any of my family - thankfully those days are gone and we've become close again.

But for now Aidan has no first cousins.  However, he gts to spend time with my cousins and now, their kids.  So on Saturday we went over to Meghan's house to visit.  Since Meghan just visited us in March, it took the boys no time to warm up to her which was great.  We spent the day in the pool and grilling burgers and corn on the cob.  Totally American goodness!  And such a great time! 

And bonus, is that my cousin Shawn, his wife Daniela and their daughter Olivia came over too.  So it was a cousin festival as far as Aidan was concerned.  While like me, he is the oldest, I think he liked the idea of having a little cousin in Olivia.  And she was all about playing in the pool with him and giggled like crazy when he would splash her going down the water slide. 

Aidan has learned to appreciate the art of floating around the pool to get a tan...

And is even small enough still so he can lay on his stomach on this one!

The water slide!

Chillin...

Liam didn't go much further than this unless I was holding on to him... well, someday he will have to let go of the edge...someday...

Olivia, on the other hand, is only 2 1/2 and decided that today was the day she would swim without anyone holding on to her.  Amazing!!!

Watch out!  Crazy driver ahead!

Liam, happy in his own little world...

The amazing Lundin women :)

All in all it was a fun day catching up and I'm looking forward to Meg's next visit to Barcelona... maybe this fall??????

Besos,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment